Our client, a multinational professional services company, is looking for a Senior Proposal Writer to join their Marketing and Sales team. This Proposal Writer will support the Marketing and Sales Writing and Editing Services team by creating compelling business content for proposals and writing/editing other business development materials.The M&S team helps the firm distinguish themselves in the marketplace by supporting all aspects of the proposal writing process with a strong focus on key proposal elements such as executive summaries, and cover letters. Additionally, the team supports proposal innovation and other M&S initiatives to help improve and innovate the business development process and procedures.
- 5+ years of professional proposal writing and editing experience
- Demonstrated success of leveraging in-depth writing and editing skills to develop proposal content and business materials
- Intimate knowledge of, and success in roles driving professional services marketing and sales functions that are dedicated to business proposal development
- Demonstrated ability to manage and contribute to multiple editorial projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt quickly to new or unfamiliar business topics through research, review of existing materials, and in-depth interviewing skills to develop high-quality content for business proposals
- Proven track record of success in the following areas: -Winning bid proposals, including managing deadlines, document specifications, risk and quality and branding standards
- Thorough knowledge of developmental and substantive editing, copyright law and policy. Thorough and practical knowledge of editorial quality standards
- Apply sound judgment and decision-making skills to escalate or independently resolve issues as appropriate
- Collaborate with colleagues as necessary to deliver high-quality, distinctive knowledge publications and products for distribution internally as well as to the analyst community, clients and the media
- Experience with business, industry, tax or accounting topics. Publishing house, feature or news editing experience.