This is a 5 month on-site assignment.
This position manages the end to end process for responding to and submitting proposals( (RFP, RFI and ad-hoc information requests) for customer renewals and new sales. The Proposal Manager should be adept at both project management and copy writing.
SKILLS EMPHASIS: Heavy emphasis for this position is project management skills and writing skills. Candidates should be comfortable juggling multiple projects, under deadline. Ideal candidates will have previous proposal writing/managing and health care experience.
The Proposal Manager manages the end-to-end process for responding to and submitting proposals, Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and ad-hoc information requests for customer renewals and new sales. This position works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that is highly deadline driven. Proposal Manager should be adept at both project management and copy writing. Each PM will manage multiple, simultaneous projects and need to balance a number of tasks and priorities. Good time/work management skills are essential.
Proposal managers may work on their own projects or as part of a proposal team on larger proposals. As part of the process, Proposal Managers at various levels develop and communicate the information and the market positioning of the company. Proposal Managers provide customer-centric answers to frequently asked questions, and review answers provided by all plans.
• Work with multiple Executive Account Managers, National & Regional Underwriters, Regional Account Managers, & Sales Directors, & other proposal professionals on rate requests & Requests for Proposal from regional and National Purchasers
• Identify business issues related to requests for information & proposals from employers & their consultants
• Develop Project plans for competing RFP’s, identify deliverables and set timelines.
• Research and pull content from various sources and craft final, tailored, customer-centric responses
• Request information from internal partners, possibly interviewing Subject Matter Experts and documenting their response(s)
• Provide Health Plans with a national perspective on employers, including national answers & comparisons of local answers
• Contributes to & at times facilitates cross-functional, cross-regional teams to identify key strategic & tactical issues, create solutions, & implement actions regarding National RFPs/RFIs
• RFP production work, supervise production coordinators, or contractor if needed& oversee the production of proposals & surveys
• Contribute as a team member on large complex RFPs & project lead medium to high complex RFPs
• Engage & manage a wide range of long & short term projects of medium to high complexity important to the sales & marketing business goals of the enterprise
• Responsible for contributing to the strategic direction of projects & executing project plans
• Projects will be broad in scope & commensurate with experience, but it is expected the Consultant will develop & exercise additional skills in the course of completing projects
• Designs research plans for data gathering, analysis & evaluation
• Takes lead in analyzing data & developing recommendations & actions plans
• Responsibilities impact the achievement of department objectives & cross functional projects
• Assume other duties as assigned
• 3+ years of related experience AND/ OR one 1+ years of direct proposal management experience
• Marketing or proposal writing experience
• Relevant healthcare proposal writing and project management experience highly desirable
• Experience on PMAPS/WebproGeoAccess or other RFP software/database
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• Proven contributor on project management teams; RFP projects
• Ability to identify problems and enact real time solutions
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
• Strong analytical and research skills