Proposal Dev. Coordinator
HM: Dasha Maghooli
TA: Jaclyn Dickens
CTMP Bill Rate: $49.00
KP Bill Rate: $50.35
Location: 3100 Thornton Ave., Burbank
National Proposal Development Department
Proposal Researcher and Coordinator (Contractor)
Burbank, CA and Oakland, CA
This is a highly visible position that requires a professional demeanor and a high level of good judgment. We are seeking an organized, self-motivated person with a strong background as a research assistant with knowledge of healthcare and/or adept at researching the web, databases and other online sources to find responses to answer customer-specific question. The ideal candidate will also have a background in writing marketing copy and exposure to the proposal process (RFP, RFI, RFQ) in order to support a team of proposal consultants during our busy renewal season.
Proposal coordinators will mostly work as part of a proposal team on larger proposals, although they may occasionally manage smaller projects independently. They will be comfortable with researching and become familiar with all internal resources to filter for appropriate content. As support, Proposal Coordinators may be responsible for populating developed content into proposals, taking notes during strategy calls, and assisting with production work to create binders for RFP submittals.
• Use organizational skills to prioritize, coordinate, track, manage and execute RFP related tasks and deliverables.
• Research and pull content from various sources for RFP responses.
• Enter responses into on-line platforms quickly and accurately.
• Request information from and communicate status to internal partners.
• Contribute as a team member on large complex RFPs, switching between unrelated projects quickly and easily, while maintaining necessary communication with project leads.
• Use software skills to format, prepare and edit proposal response documents.
• Assume other duties as assigned, including:
o May also provide support on updating Excel workflow spreadsheet, RFP production work, and conduct other administrative tasks for proposal production
o Accurately and effectively take notes from recordings of team calls
o Create Excel, PowerPoint or Word documents, as needed
Functional Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with proposal team, consultants, support staff, and internal and external customers.
• Proven contributor on project management teams and/or RFP projects.
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Expert at consistently meeting deadlines.
• Must have strong communication skills and be able to collaborate with others in a high volume environment. Keeping on task under pressure is a key skill.
• Healthcare background and experience on RFP software/database highly desirable.
• 2+ years of related experience AND/ OR one 1+ years of proposal management experience.
• Marketing, research, or proposal writing experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Healthcare background and experience on RFP software/database highly desirable
• Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proven contributor on project management teams and/or RFP projects
• Ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Meticulous in attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Good at problem solving
• Ability to work well with others and remain focused under pressure
Our renewal season is a 4-5 month span of time (give or take a month depending on when our clients send the work to us) in which 80% or more of our business comes in-house. We work under client deadlines that must be met. There can be dire consequences when deadlines aren’t met, i.e., the loss of business and the potential loss of new clients. The Proposal Coordinator role provides support to the Proposal Department, helping to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and ad-hoc information requests for customer renewals.
The Proposal Coordinator should be adept at project management, copy writing, and researching. Each Proposal Coordinator will support multiple, simultaneous projects and need to balance a number of tasks and priorities. Good time/work management skills and the ability to take direction are essential.
This position works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that is highly deadline driven.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs