We are seeking an organized, self-motivated person with a strong background in research with knowledge of healthcare and/or adept at researching the web, databases and other online sources to find responses to answer customer-specific questions. The ideal candidate will also have a background in writing marketing copy and exposure to the proposal process (RFP, RFI, RFQ) in order to support a team of communications consultants during our busy renewal season. This is a highly visible position that requires a professional demeanor and a high level of good judgment.
• Use organizational skills to prioritize, coordinate, track, manage and execute RFP related tasks and deliverables.
• Research and pull content from various sources for RFP responses.
• Request information from and communicate status to internal partners.
• Contribute as a team member on large complex RFPs, switching between unrelated projects quickly and easily, while maintaining necessary communication with project leads.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
Excellent writer, editor and proofreader.
Ability to work with multiple Subject Matter Experts and translate detailed, technical information into user friendly copy/content.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with consultants, support staff, and internal and external customers.
• Proven contributor on project management teams and/or RFP projects.
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Expert at consistently meeting deadlines.
• Must have strong communication skills and be able to collaborate with others in a high volume environment. Keeping on task under pressure is a key skill.
• Healthcare background and experience on RFP software/database highly desirable.
• 4+ years of related experience, including 2+ years of proposal management experience.
• Marketing, research, or proposal writing experience.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Healthcare background – HIGHLY preferred
• Experience on RFP software/database – preferred
• Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint – required
• Proven contributor on project management teams and/or RFP projects
• Ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Meticulous in attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Proactive and skilled at problem solving
• Ability to work well with others and remain focused under pressure
Communication consultants must be proactive and self-motivated.
This position works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that is highly deadline driven. We work under client deadlines that must be met.
The Communications Consultant should be adept at project management, copywriting, and research. They will support multiple, simultaneous projects and need to balance a number of tasks and priorities. Good time/work management skills and the ability to take direction are essential.