The Proofreader/Copy Editor will review a wide variety of regulatory, service, and communication deliverables and flag any errors in spelling, syntax, versioning, as well as ensuring the accuracy of versioning and data. Fact-checking and copyediting skills are a bonus. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work with tight deadlines. Frequent interaction with agency project management, writers, and other quality team staff is required, so candidates must be strong team players with positive interpersonal communication.
What you have:
• Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience.
• Excellent command of the English language and highly skilled at proofreading for errors in spelling, punctuation, consistency, formatting, grammar, and syntax.
• Ensure that necessary corrections have been made from previous rounds, and check for correct versioning, compliance number, and accuracy against the original.
• Ensure all client, legal and copy review edits are correctly interpreted and addressed
• Maintain strict adherence to deliverable deadlines.
• Candidates must be comfortable with computer technology and editing online. Ability to work in an electronic workflow and track changes in Adobe PDF.
• Candidates must have mastery of grammar, punctuation, and style rules, as well as incredible attention to detail.
• Develop familiarity with logos, product names, and legal language, and other content/product and corporate brand guidelines
• Task oriented and ability to stay focused. Ability to manage time and be self-directed in order to keep multiple tasks on schedule
• Ability to multitask, work efficiently, and develop new skills. Outstanding partnering and communication skills with a good sense of humor.
• Solutions orientation that drives quality while meeting deadlines.
• Thrive in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple, priority assignments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships and influence change.
• Requires a BA/BS degree, 2 years of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• This position requires the ability to pass a basic proofreading test.
• Agency experience preferred.
• Experience in financial services a bonus.
Additional Job Details:
• 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
• Onsite in Austin.
To be considered, please apply by submitting over a Word Doc or PDF of your Résumé. Successful candidates will be contacted by phone. Thanks!
***This opportunity not a match or you aren't available? Got talented friends? Aquent offers an amazing Talent Rewards program, more information at aquent.us/rewards