Our valued NYC Fortune 500 client is in need of a long term freelance Proofreader, onsite, 40 hours a week, NYC. This historic client is going through a major resurgence and has provided its clients with financial security and investment opportunities since 1841. Interesting fact - as a mutual company, it is owned solely by its policyholders, to whom it pays annual dividends and provides long-term coverage on a wide range of insurance products.
What You Will Do:
- As a (freelance) Proofreader in the client’s Marketing department, this role will support marketing and sales teams, and work with a variety of deliverebles, including marketing collateral brochures, fact sheets, promotional postcards), online illustrations, quarterly employee newspaper; the seasonal field magazine; internal employee and agent communications, e-mail; presentation decks; website content; social media content, and other external and internal communications.
- Review all final content in layout prior to final publication for client review, for grammatical accuracy, design integrity, and adherence to Chicago Manual style, brand voice, and style guidelines (e.g., correct use of presentation, correspondence, and other templates)
- Confer with editorial and design teams on proposed changes and corrections.
- Identify recurring content and design issues for remediation with editorial and design teams, occasional copywriting assignments, infographics, presentation decks as well as image research.
What You Need:
- The right Candidate will be passionate about details and adherence to best practices for composition and client style across copy in print, technical specs, illustration and digital media at multiple stages of work, as well as proofread spelling, grammar, style, content, and layout and have a keen ability to process complex verbal and written information.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or communications
- Knowledge of standard writing tools, proficiency in Mac Microsoft Office product suite, experience with Adobe InDesign, willing to learn project management applications (Aprimo)
- Professional experience in proofreading, copyediting, or other publishing tasks, must have experience in financial services and/or insurance
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with little supervision, fast and accurate, and able to work within set, tight deadlines at maximum efficiency; able to work independently or as part of a group; able to shift priorities quickly; attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal oversight and thrive under pressure and on deadline
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org