MUST HAVE ADVERTISING EXPERIENCE!!!!
This position will be 30-40 hrs per week, it will be flexible depending on the needs.
As one of the world’s top five internet retailers and a trusted source of office solutions, Our brand is a recognized name across more than 26 countries. Through our world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it’s in-store, online or on mobile devices. By expanding their product assortment and making shopping and saving easier than ever, they’re helping customers make more happen every day.
Our Brand has an immediate need for a contract to permanent Proofreader to join their US Stores & Online email marketing team. If any of the following describe you, we would love to discuss:
• You pay extreme attention to detail, have a critical eye when reviewing/editing copy
• No detail escapes your attention – you have an eagle eye for typos on billboards, in restaurant menus, in emails from friends. It’s your super-power
• You juggle multiple projects at any one time with ease
• You never sacrifice quality for expediency
• You are passionate, driven, and can work well with a diverse group of individuals – From marketing teammates to creative designers to third party service providers
• You know what it means to be in Retail during November
• Actively partnering with core email marketing team including internal agency and external email service provider resources to ensure email offer/copy/creative are accurate and on-brand
• Put yourself in the customer’s shoes – are we making it easy to do business with Staples, are we communicating clearly and effectively?
• Keep up with multiple projects in various stages of development, paying close attention to priority and managing to ever-changing and tight deadlines
• Proofreading all Staples USSO promotional email messages prior to deployment – Reviewing for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, offer language/positioning, segmentation, and, URL/landing page integrity based on campaign request form and checklist documentation
o Not being afraid to note or questioning any artwork, layout, and/or production errors when reviewing
• Confirming proper landing environment experiences are achieved, accurately driving to the right pages/environments – I.e. mobile vs. desktop
The ideal candidate will have:
• B.A. degree
• 2+ years solid copy editing experience – Background in email/web production copywriting or proofing preferred
• A respectable level of comfort with either Chicago Manual of Style (or AP)
• A proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
• Thorough knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• An ability to read, comprehend, and edit text rapidly/thoroughly to meet tight and ever-changing deadlines
• A firm understanding of the editorial process; general understanding of the marketing production process, including ability to recognize layout problems
• Experience with email or website production preferred
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs