1. Achieve the publications desired content and image by editing art and copy with 100% accuracy and consistency using nomenclature, proper grammar, usage, punctuation, type specs, typography, grids, folios and pagination
2. Ensure all copy adheres to appropriate style guides
3. Ensure content conforms to client brand identity by using appropriate voice, tonality and message to support that brand
4. Review each stage to ensure that all marked internal changes and client changes are done accurately and with no newly introduced errors.
Qualifications / Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or Communications.
2. Must have formal training as an editor
3. Succinct writing, proofing and editing skills with a strong drive for accuracy and detail are musts
4. Self-motivated, and possess an unwavering work ethic and a strong desire to learn
5. Thrives in a fast-paced, highly productive and collaborative environment and has strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and a page layout program such as InDesign is a must a working knowledge of Photoshop and Dreamweaver (or other web design/photo editing software) is a plus
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs