We are working with a well-known fitness consumer electronic company looking for an experienced Proofreader for a 3 month temporary assignment at 20 hours per week. The ideal candidate is an energetic, collaborative person who can proofread like a pro, manage deadlines, understand the unique brand voice and writing style, and effectively edit and correct a variety of materials in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Work On: This role will be proofreading and editing marketing copy across digital and print projects and supporting the copy team in getting projects out the door in a timely manner without errors. This person will also be reviewing projects through a design lens as well—spotting incorrect or inconsistent elements within one piece and across related materials or campaigns.
Editing and proofreading here includes: accuracy of spelling, grammar and punctuation; accuracy of references and data; adherence to company style and brand guides; correct usage of logos and branding elements; confirm print/project specs and layouts.
- 5+ years of professional copyediting/proofreading experience and a portfolio of samples
- Extremely detail oriented, tech savvy, fast-paced
- A highly-motivated self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proofread design and copywriting projects, including hard copy documents, PDFs, emails, web pages and various types of creative collateral
- Ensure all client, legal and copy review edits are correctly interpreted and addressed
- Provide final sign-off on projects at final release to ensure accuracy on deadline
- Can identify resources (internet, reference materials, etc.) to resolve queries
- Highly organized with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple projects with total accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of English language, grammar and the written word, including basic copywriting principles and skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (fluent in Track Changes), Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro), Outlook; comfortable with and adaptable to any CMS;
Nice to Have:
- Revises and/or writes copy for simple projects as needed
***Must provide samples and resume the demonstrates above criteria for consideration!