We are looking for proofreaders with prior experience working in marketing/advertising agencies or with corporate clients. Entry level candidates are welcomed.
The majority of positions are contract, however there may also be longer-term or direct hire roles available.
- Strong grammar skills and attention to detail, financial experience is not necessary. Publishing, magazine, editorial experience preferred
- English or Communication major ideal but not necessary.
- Projects include editing 50+ page PowerPoint deck(s) as part of client-facing quarterly materials for prospecting or current clients in the investment and retail space
- Comfortable working on a tight deadline as the company is contractually obligated to deliver materials to their clients at a certain date
- Some training component required (1-2 days) to understand lines of business, different presentations for each type of client
- 35-40 hours weekly, possibility to be remote.
These positions are a vital part of the creative process. We need independent self-starters who may also be responsible for reviewing all brochures, ads, magazines, graphics, web content, RFPs, proposals, manuscripts, proofs, charts, numbers, facts, units of measurement, leave behind books and any other miscellaneous correspondence to eliminate errors in spelling, grammar, syntax, and usage.
Candidates must ensure that all corrections and changes noted during the routing process by other team members have been made and are accurate.
Familiarity with Microsoft Word is necessary. Excellent overall verbal, grammar and writing skills are a must. Candidates must be dependable and able to work on multiple projects at once while working well in a team environment. Flexibility in working hours is preferred.
Candidates should have at least 3+ years experience.