Vitamin T is currently in search of a Proofreader for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a long term role!
Working in a fast-paced environment, the proofreader is responsible for performing quality checks of various deliverables such as product guides, job aids, magazines, website pages and online training courses. The work spans multiple clients and industries, print and digital formats, and business and consumer audiences.
• Review, proof and edit inaccuracies or omissions on print and/or interactive media (grammatical or typographical errors vs. document changes made by authors).
• Proofreaders ensure that:
o the text matches the original
o spelling and style are correct and consistent
o page numbers, headings and captions are correct
o photos and illustrations are correctly captioned
• Applies advanced knowledge of the English language grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules.
• Identifies changes on printed proofs by marking with the recognized set of symbols. This task may be done on screen, using specialized software.
• Review for format, style and syntax consistency.
• Maintain and apply a clear understanding of the client style guides (copy style, logos usage, etc.).
• Ensure grammar, punctuation and spelling consistency through all media across a single project.
• Requires minimal work supervision, able to prioritize own workload to meet competing demands.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• BA in English, Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience in an advertising or marketing field
• Ability to focus on multiple clients at the same time, each with their own style and pace
• Excellent communication skills
• Well organized with practiced time management skills
• Confident with on and off-screen editing practices
• Desire to evolve with industry demands and adapt to a fast-paced environment
• Scrupulous about detailed work
• Ability to concentrate for long periods of time
• Comfortable working across departments and teams
• Strong interest in the publishing industry
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards