*Part Time - 2-3 days/week*
Does spotting typos bring you joy? Do your friends come to you for grammar advice? Then we are looking for you! The proofreader is responsible for reviewing multiples types of digital content each day, including closed captioning files, video titles, descriptions and more. The ideal candidate should have a passion for writing and proofreading, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a part-time role, 2-3 days a week, at our Glendale, CA office.
* Review art files for accuracy, including name, spelling, date, and fact verification as needed
* Check Master Video Slate 2x wk to review titles and description copy
* Check copy across content
* Occasional editorial copy editing and video copy checks, as needed
* Coverage of proofreading and copy editing when the Copy Manager is OOO
* Stays on top of consistent issues: grammar, spelling, process, etc.
* Reports to the Copy Manager
* Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
* Familiar with AP style and able to adapt to company brand and voice rules
* Ability to adapt to new content types
* Proficiency with Mac, Word, Google Docs
* WordPress is a plus
BA is English, journalism, or communications