Seeking a Proofreader to join a major Healthcare client for a 2 month contract opportunity in Louisville, KY!
Position Description and Responsibilities
• Works as an extension of the brand review team and reviews and approves all promotional projects produced by client.
• Edits all advertising, promotional, and educational projects to ensure:
o Accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and context
o Accuracy of references and other data
o Compliance with corporate and AP guidelines
o Correct usage and presentation of client trademarks, logos, and corporate branding
o Consistency and accuracy of layout components
o Overall sense, continuity, consistency, clarity, and presentation
• Upon the client’s request, provides copyediting assistance to improve content and readability.
• Proofreads all design and copywriting projects including hard copy documents, PDFs, PowerPoint presentations (printed and on-screen), CD-ROMs, web pages, as well as various types of creative collateral.
• Ensures all deadlines are met.
• Ensures Pharmaceutical Regulatory, Legal and, Compliance guidelines are followed to the letter.
• Ensures that branding guidelines are followed to the letter.
• Interacts with the Account Executive to resolve issues, negotiate revisions, and verify information whenever necessary.
• Provides final sign-off on projects at the disk release and blueline stages to ensure accuracy.
• Provides editorial contribution to and involvement in preparation and processing of materials for product launches and POAs (Plan of Action meetings).
• Verifies references and ensures adherence to AP guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
• Ability to accurately review complex materials including all graphics, texts, multimedia, web sites and charts with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have a good knowledge of Adobe Acrobat to work with PDF files that come into department.
• Excellent project management skills, highly organized and ability to multitask effectively.
• Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Operates effectively and with flexibility in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Must have strong command of the written English language.
Experience/Position Requirements Desired
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Journalism, or Communications.
• Minimum 3 years professional copyediting and proofreading experience, preferably in the medical field.
• Knowledge of medical/pharmaceutical terminology, basic anatomy, or other science preferred.
• Knowledge of federal regulations governing pharmaceutical advertising, and AP editorial styles and guidelines preferred.