We're looking for a Proofreader for an on-going need for our client in Alpharetta. Must be able to work on-site M-F
Independent self-starters are responsible for reviewing all brochures, ads, magazines, graphics, web content, RFPs, proposals, manuscripts, mechanicals, proofs, charts, numbers, facts, units of measurement, leave behind books and any other miscellaneous correspondence to eliminate errors in spelling, grammar, syntax, and usage.
Proofreaders manage consistent language across the many touch points that carry the message to the target audience.
Proofreaders ensure all corrections and changes noted by other team members during a project lifecycle have been made and are accurate.
Proofreaders must be dependable and able to work on multiple projects at once while working well in a team environment.
They will also work within their allotted hours budgeted for a given project.
Proofreaders will work with a range of print, digital and web deliverables for a variety of clients and internal team members
• Proofread existing materials for copy clarity and readability, trademarks, registration information, spelling, capitalization, format, branding, etc.
• Proofread against regulatory requirements/checklists
• Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. (do not remove)
• 5+ years experience as an editor or proofreader of copy in Advertising Agencies, or in house Design Firms
• Bachelor’s Degree in liberal arts, English major is desirable
• Collaborative – someone who can work across teams
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word is necessary.
• Excellent overall verbal, grammar and writing skills are a must.
• Previous experience working within Agencies or in-house Design Studios
• Previous work experience with Financial Institutions is not necessary but helpful.
• Committed to excellence in every aspect of their work.
• Desire to work in an entrepreneurial, flexible, and fast-paced environment.
• Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, File Maker Pro knowledge is a plus.
• Foreign language skills, experience working with translations is helpful.