Proofreader / Editor
This is a 6-9 month, on-site assignment and could be extended.
Reviews all print and web material created by in-house agency to ensure it meets the highest editorial and quality assurance standards, adheres to corporate style, conveys company voice, and is consistent with corporate brand positioning.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Edits all copy to ensure it adheres to voice and brand positioning.
• Ensures all copy is consistent, accurate, and adheres to style standards.
• Copyedits and/or proofreads all written communications for usage and grammar.
• Identify grammar, style, and voice issues in materials, and recommend solutions for rewriting copy.
• Reviews materials for quality assurance, comparing versions to ensuring all annotations/edits have been captured.
• Communicates all edits and comments clearly and effectively to colleagues.
• Helps maintain MAS Editorial style guide.
• Performs light copywriting duties as needed.
• Builds and maintains thorough knowledge of all product lines, business channel communications needs, and major legal and compliance guidelines.
• Understands the demands of colleagues across different disciplines—design, account management, traffic, product, and electronic communications—and finds innovative ways to support their needs.
• Serves as an effective and valued member of the Creative + Editorial Services team.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with concentration in English, journalism, communications, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience as a copyeditor/proofreader in a high-volume communications department or advertising agency.
• Excellent editing, proofreading, and organizational skills, and a strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage a high volume of work simultaneously; ability to function with a considerable degree of independence.
• Excellent command of English grammar and Associated Press style rules.
• In-depth experience using Microsoft Word (proficiency using Track Changes feature) and Adobe Acrobat (proficiency using comment tools).
• Solid understanding of the difference between proofing print materials and web content.
• Strong communications skills a must.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Proofreader / Editor