Editor/Proofreader will edit and proofread consumer messages for our global toy and game business, including product packages, instructions, and supporting collateral.
Proofreader will have an excellent eye for detail and a fluid command of English language and grammar, including some familiarity with foreign languages. Additionally, this person must possess proven time/project management abilities and the ability to judge between a critical and non-critical change.
Edit and proofread written material and art for product packages, instructions, and supporting collateral:
• Compare copy documents to artwork to guarantee consistency
• Validate requirements and translations by cross-referencing artwork against translation documents, regulatory specifications and input from approval workflows.
• Prioritize projects against a schedule
• Fluid command of English language and grammar
• Excellent attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
• Proven time/project management abilities
• Organization, efficiency, and a positive attitude
College Degree in a relevant field with a minimum of one year of professional editorial experience.
A proficient understanding of editorial principles and proofreading practice and a minimum of a year in a professional editorial role with a substantial proofreading component. Familiarity with digital proofreading tools and branded content is preferred.
Foreign language fluency is not required but familiarity with grammatical criteria other than English is helpful.
Project management experience and familiarity with workflow systems and spreadsheet tools.
In addition to editorial practice and proofreading proficiency, a grasp of project management and workflow process is expected.
Responsible for tracking, distributing and completing projects on a deadline; requires an aptitude for customer service.
Proofreading of multilingual content does not require fluency but relies on an ability to apply rules based on language and to recognize anomalies.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs