Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a Proof Reader on a contract basis. This is a production proofing role that requires proficiency with Excel.
- Copy editing.
- Proofing: Including comparing statistical information to backup data
- Financial services knowledge preferable but not required.
- Ability to be flexible with deadline driven due dates.
- Excellent accuracy and has an eye for detail.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Job Description: Proof Reader
- The Proof Reader is responsible for proofreading, light copy editing, and fact-checking content for the Multi-Channel Content Production team within Marketing Communication.
- Oversees and provides Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure accuracy and overall quality of materials
- Collaborates with the creative team to review and improve existing content, coordinate requests for and update statistics and compliance footnote language using internal tools and software, conduct research related to content development and participate in team and strategy/development meetings
- Responsible for and/or oversees the proofreading of materials that include a significant amount of statistical information
- Ensures that materials are consistent with corporate and compliance standards; collaborates with compliance/legal especially as it relates to footnote language
- Maintains a proofing style guide for the Institutional materials
- Collaborates with the creative tea, on projects outside of the QA process based on additional business knowledge, as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to understand both the high-level and detailed perspective
- Demonstrates strong analytical and critical-thinking skills and accuracy
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate feedback on issues related to various outputs to creative team members regarding technical requirements and writing formats
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; demonstrates the initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals
- Demonstrates strong production coordination skills including maintaining production schedules, tracking deliverables, problem solving, and escalating issues as appropriate
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word; knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is highly desirable
- Requires at least 3 years of experience using AP or Chicago Manual of Style
- Requires a Bachelors degree