Aquent seeks a Promotions Manager (PM) to support a large pharma client. The PM will lead the development and delivery of the marketing communications plan and internal customer facing materials related to the promotional resources supporting Payer Strategy on a global scale. The PM is the primary contact for the partnering marketing team regarding brand-specific marketing communications aimed at internal customers . As such, an understanding of the internal customers' needs, preferences, payer environment, and competitive market dynamics impacting payer promotion, will be required. He/She will apply our client’s marketing and customer experience principles during the promotion planning and execution processes, and in the management of external agencies.
The PM will lead and work collaboratively with multiple teams, including the creative development teams and various research teams. Therefore, the candidate should have high proficiency in project management, constituency leadership, vendor management and collaborative communications.
Finally, the PM will collaborate with teams that review and lead compliance for promotions, advertising, and more. All promotional plans and resources will need to adhere to strict standards, and prior experience in marketing and/or communications is desirable.
- Heads meetings with global marketing team and advertising agency to identify and develop a resource needed to support a specific customer behavior and/or business objective
- Assists with AOR selection, price negotiation, and SOW creation
- Initiates creative process for materials with the internal Creative Studio or external AOR, maintaining project timelines and providing guidance to creative team to refine tactic resource
- Gains compliance departments' approval of tactic / resource
- Works with Promotion Administrators, Editorial teams, and Production
- Assists stakeholders with strategic thinking, message development, etc.
- Assists with annual profit planning
- Identifies new opportunities and channels that may arise from changing market situations, new clinical publications, and new media
- May participate in external agency evaluations
- May manage the budget and operations for assigned projects
- Helps ensure relevant metrics are applied for promotion assessment
- Bachelors Degree minimum education requirement
- Ability to work well in teams, to influence others and to negotiate effectively
- Project Management, Pharma Marketing Knowledge
- Message Development experience