• Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, firmware, drivers, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools.
• Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
• Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application
• Identifies, debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
• Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems or subsystem
• Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding project quality and debug progress for serious issues, project progress, and issue resolution
• Represents the engineering team for all phases of complicated issue debug on projects in development.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
• Minimum 4-6 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Expertise in multiple software systems design/debug tools and languages.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of software systems running on multiple platform types
• Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
• Familiar with how to use windows debugger and other debugging tools to debug, triage, and analyze OS Kernel, Blue Screen and Black Screen issues
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs