Pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world are working to develop new medications and medical devices. To do this, potential new treatments must be studied to learn if they’re safe and effective. That’s where our client comes in. A growing, 18+ year-old ad agency based in Austin, TX. Their exclusive focus is in the creation of advertising campaigns that help find and recruit patients into medical research studies. They develop campaigns for a broad range of conditions and diseases, including cancer, asthma, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes. Their collateral, traditional media, and digital creative is utilized in more than 65 languages by pharmaceutical, biotech and drug research companies around the world.
In typical ad agency-speak, this position would be called an account manager/executive. Because of our clients, though, we’ve adopted their nomenclature. Therefore, we’re looking for a project manager to join our agency.
In this position, you will:
• Work with senior management to strategize, plan and manage specific campaigns for a variety of clients
• Work with the agency’s creative team to help develop strong ad messages
• Research and develop an understanding for a variety of medical conditions
• Help develop and manage project budgets
• Manage relationships with supporting vendors
• Manage campaign fulfillment as required by specific projects
• Help generate new business opportunities for the agency
• Have fun making a difference in the future of medicine
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3-4 years account management/project management experience in an advertising/marketing/PR setting
• Strong organizational skills. You must be VERY detail-oriented
• An interest in the healthcare industry
• The ability to manage relationships with clients in different countries
• Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
• Strong social media marketing experience
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong MS Word, Excel skills; PowerPoint and Project knowledge also helpful
• Experience in the medical or pharmaceutical industries is a plus
In addition, candidates should be:
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while managing tight deadlines
• Willing to work as a team player with other creative team members
• Able to work independently
• A self-starter
• Fun and outgoing!
Agency experience preferred. Sponsor/CRO experience a major plus. A small amount of travel should be expected.