A Localization team is seeking an experienced localization project manager to help tackle growing localization needs. At this client, it’s essential that they maintain a close connection with users regardless of which language they speak. With millions of published words, communicating messages across 300+ cities in 55+ countries, we need your help to ensure that internal teams are properly supported by LPMs on their global launches. As an early member of our Localization Team, you'll have the opportunity to build the local roots of an expanding global brand.
In this role you'll work closely with our Product, Brand, Marketing, Regional and Operation teams as a primary point of contact for localization, and ensure on-time & high linguistic quality global & regional launches. You'll work with internal linguists & outside vendors to manage day-to-day localization requests across all languages, coordinate LQAs, and guide cross-functional teams as the localization expert. Also, you will evangelize cross-functional teams and stakeholders about localization processes and best practices. Relationship management and close collaboration with regional & marketing managers are a must.
Interested candidates should have a proven track record of high quality localization project management experience and great attention to details.
What You'll Do:
- Manage end-to-end localization of products across all supported languages, from initial planning & consultation, to delivery of localized contents, LQAs, and bug routing
- Act as the primary localization point of contact for all cross-functional stakeholders related to your product area, explain localization cycles for various content types, and ensure global launches are on time with high degree of linguistic quality
- Develop & maintain key relationships with stakeholders
- Proactively lead internal and cross-functional initiatives
- Identify tool & process gaps and work with localization engineers to enable support
- Work closely with localization vendors to ensure smooth execution of tasks
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of localization project management experience in high-tech industry on the client side
- Great understanding of localization and internationalization issues
- Experience using CAT tools as an LPM to manage localization pipeline & workflows (e.g. Smartling, Idiom WorldServer, and Trados)
- Experience managing localization of various content types such as UI, HC, Marketing, & Legal
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart direction of projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience, coupled with excellent business judgment
- Very detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels
- Ability to learn new tools/systems quickly
- Self-directed - you need to take initiative in tackling large problems head on
- Quality driven - you're helping set the direction of the brand – we need those who are committed to excellence
- Excellent team player
- Travel to region to manage relationships