AQUENT is looking for a Senior Project Manager with PMP certification to work on a long term assignment with a Fortune 500 Financial Services client in Owings Mills, MD (30mins outside of Baltimore). The Sr. Project Manager assigned to the Marketing Activation program will be responsible for facilitating and managing the scope, budget, scheduling and resourcing related to two key work streams: Lead Definition and Management, and Lead Identification and Engagement. The ideal candidate would have both a marketing (ideally digital marketing) and data background, but the priority should be on project management within the marketing realm.
Project Management responsibilities:
• Direct medium to large-scale, complex projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Manage the integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
• Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value • Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
• Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria • Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project life cycles
• Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects • Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
• Manage projects according to established methodology and standards: Utilizes a variety of information and data sources pertaining to organizational and professional trends. Checks the source for omission and accuracy. Identifies the sources that are appropriate for specific types of information. Checks for bias and omission. Seeks out the appropriate people to approach for guidance either formally or informally depending on the type of issue. Links information in a lateral as well as linear manner. Finds hidden data. Relates and manipulates data from various sources to create a fuller picture. Investigates and uncovers root causes of a problem or issue.
• Converses with, writes reports and creates/delivers presentations to all levels of colleagues and peer groups in ways that support problem solving and planning. Seeks a consensus with business partners. Debates opinions, tests understanding and clarifies judgments. Brings conflict into the open empathetically. Explains the context of multiple inter-related situations, asks searching, probing questions, and solicits expert advice prior to taking action and making recommendations.
• Understands and seeks ways to improve the quality and results of one’s work. Ensures that team roles and responsibilities are defined and clearly communicated, and that the quality of the work efforts is meeting expectations. Procures resources (people, funding, material, support) to ensure that the unit’s work is produced in a prompt, quality manner. Provides input for strategic planning meetings so that they produce expected outcomes. Plans for allocation of resources in line with unit goals. Creates and implements a strategy for supporting current and future business needs.
• Takes steps to identify and improve processes within own functional area. May escalate process improvement recommendations to appropriate management team for consideration. Participates on process improvement teams as subject matter expert for assigned areas of responsibilities
• Evaluates the effectiveness of current metrics in pursuit of improved performance indicators. Seeks opportunities and takes actions to enhance personal and functional performance and meet consistently more challenging expectations. • Ability to work well with people with varying technical, business, and cultural backgrounds
• Comfortable working with executive management
• Ability to manage multiple medium and large projects
• High level of analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience managing projects in a matrix environment
• Experience employing agile methodologies in a non-technical environment
• Project management experience in a marketing setting
• PMP certification preferred
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their resume in MS Word for immediate consideration. (No Phone Calls Please)