A client in NYC is looking for a Project Manager (junior-mid level) for an 8 week assignment
Day to Day Responsibilities: This candidate doesn't need to be digital heavy since the client is not doing any heavy builds this phase. The work is mostly content, Instagram (& maybe YouTube) distro, in-store marketing, paid social, events, non-traditional PR and influencers.
Is this person more of a project manager or more of a content strategist?
Project Manager. Ideally this person has managed projects that include content development/execution (as the priority), influencer marketing, and events so they can quickly jump in and manage based on the project plan that has been developed. This is purely a get the job done and risk mitigation type of role. Someone who can come in and understands how to manage a “complex” project (complex meaning there are lots of dependencies with a tight timeline) and if deadlines are missed/about to be missed in one work stream they are quickly able to understand the broader impact to the overall timeline and can solve/present solutions for how to address.
What types of projects will this person be responsible for managing this role? Print, Digital, Video?
Right now this person will be coming in to manage the project during the Research + Strategy + Planning phases of the project, and should it go well, the client will want to keep the candidate on to see the execution through (events, digital/social content, influencers, launch campaign). There will be NO print/traditional advertising/ATL — and there will be video, digital (no heavy web development though maybe a Shopify template), possible newsletter, social media, paid social, influencers and events. This is (mostly) about earned media.
Which project management software(s) would you like them to have experience with?
They use Monday.com for Project Management, so if the candidate has experience with that, that's great but it is not necessary as it's very intuitive and easy to pick up
Is experience in an Agile environment required to be successful in this role?
No. While the project delivery framework integrates some waterfall and some iterative methodologies, the candidate does not need Agile experience in the traditional web-development sense. All this has already been mapped out.
- Remote role
- 20-30 hours/ week
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 8 weeks
● This is an opportunity to learn from A+-level talent, get exposure to innovative thinking/strategies and to network with accomplished people who are passionate and committed to helping others achieve their dreams.
● Our team believes it's important to be able to blend the personal and professional seamlessly while respecting boundaries and encouraging an honest dialog about the intersection of life and work.
● We have the good fortune of partnering with brands that we believe that the potential to be big—and this enables us to push the boundaries with everything we do.
Looking for a proactive, engaging, assertive and detail-oriented freelance project manager who can effectively and efficiently jump in and take over the execution of one of their most important partners, a premium tequila brand launching later this year. The new launch includes the integration of several strategic work streams in marketing and communications (digital, social, content, influencers, events, strategic partnerships, paid media, sponsored content, public relations, data/insights). The ideal candidate will have the ability to truly drive a project forward, anticipate needs, facilitate communication and thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment. This is a critical role as you will be project managing and executing several work streams for this premium brand launch.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Understand the project vision, assess requirements of the project in conjunction with the Partner Lead and Head of Strategy + Innovation and Brand Planners to develop the scope, timelines, milestones and the specific deliverables.
● Ensure the brand launch is executed on brand, on scope and on time.
● Develop and evolve project and production plans and timelines.
● Drive day-to-day tactical execution and revisions and monitor/resolve issues as they arise.
● Budget tracking.
● Understand the project's status at all times amidst often changing deadlines.
● Calmly and confidently wrangle multiple moving pieces at various stages of development and production at once.
● Establish a relationship of trust and credibility across the team
● Understand the risks and challenges of projects and be able to respond and manage them as well.
● Work with the Partner Lead and Creative Strategist to understand and help manage creative resources
● Ensure quick, focused meeting follow ups and shared communications among the broader Team.
● Develop Weekly Status Reports.
● Be a savvy, confident, problem solver.
● Experience with project management and/or production experience within an established digital company, marketing/communications agency, online media publication or production company.
● Experience producing and managing content across social content (video and/or original photo content) a major plus.
● Solid knowledge of project management methodology and use of Project Management tools (e.g., Slack, Mondays.com, Asana, Trello, etc) a plus.
● Confident, positive personality with strong people management chops - ability to lead a team from both a project and people perspective.
● Must have exceptional communication, collaboration and attention to detail skills with a strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines at once.
● Process oriented, but can easily adapt to a growing company with an evolving process.
● Well-connected to the creative, production and talent communities in NYC a plus.
● This team works remotely and the candidate will cover transportation costs for in-person meetings.
● Candidate should be Mac-compatible and will use their own computer