Project Manager Job Description
Senior Project Managers are responsible to achieve the specific objectives for IT related projects as assigned and in conjunction with the company's Project Management Office. The PM must possess leadership, judgment & excellent interpersonal skills to work well in a collaborative environment. Project Managers are responsible for cross-functional, enterprise-level project management, with strong facilitation and consensus building skills to ensure project success. The PM must also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing project priorities and assignments. Committed to project excellence, Project Managers effectively oversee and facilitate all phases of the project, through understanding and application of knowledge, tools and techniques. The PM will guide the project team members while achieving project objectives and balancing the project constraints (time, resources, risk and scope). Effective written and verbal communication skills with varied levels of the organization, PMO and project team members are mandatory. Demonstrates solid leadership skills using autonomy and sound judgment to lead all project activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages all project activities throughout the entire project lifecycle, in accordance to the standard company PMO Project Delivery Methodology. Able to apply project management discipline to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet business partner expectations.
• Able to communicate at various levels the project status and key performance indicators. Prepares communication which is complete and comprehensive, as appropriate.
• Create, own, and drive project plans & key milestones to completion; monitoring project plans and/or resources appropriately to meet project objectives.
• Responsible for project cost estimations, tracking and forecasting. Establishing and monitoring financial performance of projects, in keeping with company accounting and project delivery practices.
• Identifies & manages risks, accurately analyzes root cause from the symptoms. Focuses on solutions and or mitigation of these emerging issues/risks using team expertise, technologies and innovative concepts.
• Develops sound project schedule, issue/risk management log and other relevant project documentation to ensure the project is successful.
• Able to work in areas of ambiguity, analysis surrounding circumstances/conditions and recommend best course of action to continue to move project forward and meet objectives.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in working as team member and engaging the diverse strengths of colleagues.
• Manages project conflicts and lead crucial conversations focusing on solutions which results in successfully delivering business outcomes.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing demands calmly and effectively, addresses obstacles which may prevent the project from moving forward.
• Monitors the project relationships and dependencies, as well as overall integration and issues.
• Strong verbal, writing and organizational skills. Ability to negotiate & influence effectively and work well with a team or equally effective individually.
• Travel Percentage may vary: 10-30%
Finance and / or JDE experience a plus. SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: • 15+ years of business experience, 10+ years project management experience, including strategic IT project management and IT program management experience mandatory. • Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in business, technical or equivalent field. Additional years’ experience can be used to substitute for degree. • Demonstrated leadership and effective communication skills. • Experience working with and managing technical resources, business resources, and consultants in a project setting, including a global distribution of staff. • Possess a working knowledge of infrastructure components to allow for interaction with infrastructure support functions. • Able to produce written documents and presentations with clearly organized thoughts using proper English construction, punctuation, and grammar. • Able to communicate effectively with co-workers in-person and/or virtual settings. • Understands project management principals, processes and tools at a level which allows effective management of simple to complex projects as assigned. Areas include - integration, time, cost, quality, HR, communication, risk and procurement. • Understands general accounting principles, processes and systems for managing expenses. • Capable of developing solid project estimates, projects schedules and the concurrent plans needed for delivery of the project (testing, documentation, change management, and training). • Possess a working knowledge of infrastructure components to allow for interaction with infrastructure support functions. • Expert knowledge of Project Management principles, methodology and tools. • Mentoring, leadership and team building. • Effective communicator with strong emphasis on inter-personal skills, to manage and motivate teams across multiple disciplines. • Utilizes extensive project management skills to ensure accurate, efficient, and timely delivery and implementation of project deliverables to meet stakeholder objectives. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment on assigned projects. • In addition to project management experience which is required, PMP preferred.