Large Media and Entertainment brand in El Segundo is looking for a Mid-Sr. level Project Manager to join their Sales & Marketing Operations Team. This is a 6-month opportunity to start, but will be working on a multi-year project, so extension is very likely. This position will develop and execute strategic and tactical projects to meet aggressive growth targets for the new OTT solution. **Background as an analyst highly desirable.
- Writing business requirements and confirming IT requirements (written by analysts)
- UAT Testing - able to understand, write, and execute the test cases
- Business Analyst understanding/background; able to write requirements
- OTT streaming experience or experience with enterprise products
- Demonstrate full accountability for success of projects by identifying input required from cross-functional areas and proactively managing action items, issues and deliverables. Drive progress across cross-functional teams. Own cross-functional team tasks as part of project and drive execution.
- Manage 2-4 small to large scale projects simultaneously (in various stages of implementation). Consistently deliver results.
- Lead project teams by coordinating with Sales, Marketing, IT, Customer Service, Home Services, Supply Chain, Legal, etc. as well as third party partners.
- Document current and to-be business processes, provide recommendations for enhancements and implement changes.
- Gather and document detailed business requirements and develop process flows.
- Provide project launch support by smoke testing, facilitating launch calls and supporting production issues to resolution. Own and be accountable for successful delivery of all project tasks.
- Confirm technical requirements drafted by IT and participate in systems discussions.
- Must be able to assess the project, decisions and processes in terms of the big picture/cross-departmental impacts as well as fully understand the details.
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation including business rules/requirements, action items, agendas, minutes and project plans.
- Identify potential problems and formulate solutions that achieve business needs.
- Evaluate decisions and processes to ensure they are in the best interest of customers and company goals; escalate as needed.
- Perform and coordinate user acceptance testing with internal business and external partners; report all issues to IT and ensure appropriate resolution. Document and execute test cases on projects.
- Prepare launch go/no go checklists and create contingency plans.
- Provide project updates to management that include progress, risks, issues and mitigation recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ year’s relevant experience (large-scale, multi-disciplinary Project Management, Business Analysis, Sales Operations, etc.) required.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill set.
- Ability to learn the business and become an SME for other cross-functional teams.
- Experience in documenting business requirement documents, UAT test plan and UAT test cases. Experience in executing test cases and defects management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Legal, Accounting, Sales, Dealer Compensation, IT, Customer Care etc.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and design appropriate solutions.
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others, negotiation skills to get the job done.
- Ability to synthesize information and develop creative solutions to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated success managing matrix teams; work effectively with business and technical managers.
- Ability to manage heavy work load, accommodate change and adapt accordingly. Experience delivering results in a fast moving, challenging environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Experience with public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
- Occasional travel required.