Job Role Overview & Responsibilities
This position requires an exceptionally focused and organized individual to support the Creative Team in trafficking all global retail projects throughout our Brand Environment group (consisting of graphical and visual merchandising design). The successful candidate will have exposure to all phases of a creative project, from concept, merchandising, fashion design through to art direction, visual merchandising and production, culminating in a communication out to global partners for execution and delivery. You will be responsible for partnering with the Integrated Project Manager’s to ensure brand content for retail is well connected at the global level and projects execute with graphic and visual designers seamlessly. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a flair for organizing a large suite of changing creative deliverables and the ability to cut through the noise to distill down to actionable steps for a variety of audiences. A master at integration, with a keen intuition for how to leverage merchandising and design partners is key. Previous experience in fashion and apparel is required and above all, a love for the creative development process and expert knowledge of how to work with a multitude of creative personalities. We are a fun and growing team who love pro-active and thoughtful people that assert what the next steps should be or bring clarity to a crowded situation. Creative yes, but don’t forget, project managers live in spreadsheets, schedules, action lists and deliverable matrixes, plus, communication, communication, communication!
What you need to know:
• Visual designers and visual merchandisers use their design skills to promote the image, products and services of businesses and other organizations.
• Visual designers focus on designing displays, stands and panels for exhibitions, conferences and other events. They also produce point-of-sale displays, which are installed in retail and wholesale stores globally.
• Visual merchandisers create window and in-store displays of goods for retail shops and department stores.
• The work involves researching to get an understanding of what is needed, and coming up with design ideas. Visual merchandisers also source elements such as lighting, props and accessories.
• It is important to make the most of the space available, work within a budget and meet deadlines. Installing and dismantling displays may also be part of the job description.
• Work collaboratively with (shared role) Retail Project Managers to serve as the key integration point to distribute and disseminate retail communications from (and within) the Creative Department and support resource management, agenda development and cross-functional meeting facilitation
• Effectively scope out and manage retail projects and coordinate with other integrated project managers to provide a fully cross-functional delivery from within the Creative Department, upon scheduled dates
• Work collaboratively with retail creative teams and cross-functional partners to understand critical functional milestones in order to develop/maintain/distribute retail creative and visual milestone calendars
• Manage, coordinate and assign roles to teams for visual display setups for events, sales meetings, concept launches and in-house retail lab walk-throughs
• Facilitate the process of adaption and extension of existing design structures and provide guidance to visual merchandisers, graphic designer and production managers for asset release and delivery
• Manage and facilitate the process for developing global retail communication assets and tools, ensuring that all stakeholders are kept on task and delivery of the final tool is established on time
• Have a keen understanding of both Visual & Non-Visual processes that impact visual/creative milestones and retail communication directives
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Role Overview & Responsibilities