1. Creates or reviews and analyzes project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
2. Establishes and achieves financial objectives by preparing a project budget, scheduling and approving expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
3. Develops a work plan and staffing for each phase of project, as well as, arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Confers with project staff to outline workplan to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
4. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. May provide technical advice and recommendations to issues and/or concerns as needed.
5. Prepares various project reports for management, clients, or others by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
6. Coordinates project activities with outside vendors and customers.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A thorough knowledge of the business environment, administration and business operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, management, or related field.
Master's degree or equivalent education preferred.
Must have 3+ years specific expertise in successfully managing complex, cross-functional projects in a business, technology or operational environment.
Must be able to demonstrate a high level of analytical and strategic thinking to plan, direct, and coordinate designated projects to ensure that goals and/or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters, as described above.
Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral formats with department personnel to instruct and direct others as their functions relate to respective projects.
Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and present projects and recommendations to management.
Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to prepare correspondence and presentations, as well as, create and generate spreadsheets and reports, as described above.
Must be results oriented and able to organize and independently manage various projects or processes simultaneously.