Aquent’s large Financial Services Partner is seeking a non-technical Project Manager for a long-term (24+ month) contract position. We are looking for a Project Manager who is versed on the business side of project management and MUST have some non-technical project management experience, such streamlining an operational process within a business. The Project Manager (PM) will oversee and manage the migration of existing retirement plans from one recordkeeping technology platform to another. This is a backfill need and the PM will be overseeing an existing project that is already in execution. The new IT platform is already stood up and the PM would coordinate and manage multiple work streams to migrate the plans themselves from one system to the other. The end—to-end migration process entails everything from the customer communications to the movement of the data, testing, training, etc…
Scope of the project includes all business, operations, communication, and IT components of the phased migration. The PM will report to the Program Manager and lead an established team of business and technology resources through the project management lifecycle according to established methodology: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closeout. The PM will be responsible for managing scope, schedule, cost, quality, issues and risks and report status of the effort to upper management and stakeholders. The PM will be expected to engage and manage stakeholders at all levels and effectively facilitate multiple cross-functional conversion teams to make decisions, resolve and/or escalate issues, coordinate reporting, and achieve project objectives. The PM will work with both business and IT management to facilitate governance of all plan-level changes and exceptions.
Experience with managing IT projects would be helpful but this is not an IT project manager role. Successful candidates must be able to learn new concepts quickly, have exceptional organizational skills and be able to multi-task. He/she will be expected to leverage demonstrated leadership and influence management skills to drive the team to meet project objectives on time and within budget.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience leading projects of increasing size and/or complexity
• Demonstrated experience leading implementation of new technology solutions
• Demonstrated ability to apply excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills to manage a diverse set of project stakeholders
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Ability to present concepts to individuals and large groups
• Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially MS Project and SharePoint
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Financial Industry Experience preferred
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs