Contract Project Manager
We are looking for a project manager to join the team to lead and project manage a small portfolio of projects as part of the Corporate Research & Development long term agenda. You'll work in partnership with strategic external agencies and academic partners to take leadership in this area to develop new breakthrough science that can ultimately be commercialized.
You'll manage a series of work packages involving scoping, development and technical design of technology as well as being responsible for the overall project management.
So if you thrive on working in a fast paced environment, and you love a challenge then this could be the role for you.
· Manage day to day Long Term Research projects through best practice project management of work programs to budget and time.
· Responsible for the manufacture and design of prototypes in partnership with academic and internal collaborators ensuring the execution, quality and cost requirements of projects.
· Working with ingredients and equipment suppliers to formulate new ingredients suppliers in conjunction with academic partners.
· Generate hypotheses and conduct sound project research - plan, design, organize, execute and report statistically sound experiments in a precise and timely manner to generate and test new hypotheses. Make recommendations based on data analysis and input from others.
· Identifying product solutions to delight the consumer and manufacturing product prototypes. Proving consumer/sensory/analytical samples to assist in determining process development direction.
· Develop practical solutions for problems encountered on current assignments, connecting with external world with an Adopt - Adapt - Invent mindset.
· Grow capable people by coaching and implementing development plans for others within the team.
Although this is initially only a contract position, in an organization the size of ours things can change quickly. We are always on the look-out for talent, even if you're on a fixed term contract, if you're great we'll do our best not to lose you!
· Competence at product and/or process development.
· Must have commercial project management experience.
· Very good attention to detail, highly numerate and computer literate (Microsoft Office).
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written).
· Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager.
· Must be PMP Certified
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Contract Project Manager