Who We Are:
The Digital Media Group is a full-service digital agency within DIRECTV, responsible for end-to-end Product Development, UX/UI Design and Content Strategy across all DIRECTV digital platforms. Our team’s focus is on user advocacy and digital brand expertise using collaborative, cutting-edge and intelligent design methods and strategy in cross-platform experiences.
As a DIRECTV Project Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of project management including scope definition, work breakdown, schedule development, status reporting, coordinating release communications and scope verification. The Project Manager will act as a liaison between IT, Engineering and all project stakeholders. You must understand both the business rationale and the technical requirements of projects and be able to communicate both effectively and efficiently.
The Project Manager will be instrumental in leading cross-functional teams made up of business analysts, product owners, product strategists, content strategists, information architects, UX/UI designers, engineers and web developers. You will be involved throughout the product development lifecycle including ideation, strategy, design, development and pre/post launch phases.
• Oversee multiple releases per year, assist with emergency change releases (ECR), track all change requests (CR) and manage all minor site updates (MSU)
• Oversee UAT including creating a UAT plan, requesting test accounts, collecting and submitting UAT feedback and communicating UAT certification
• Track all projects, identifying resources required and establishing deliverable plans
• Work directly with IT/ENG, understanding the technical aspects of the project and translating those to UX Strategists, Content Producers, UX/UI Designers, Business Units and Senior Management
• Serve as a resource for all issues, questions, documentation, etc., that will arise across the full project lifecycle
• Attend daily IT stand ups and email meeting recap
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion. Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner
• Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members
• Maintain awareness of new and emerging industry practices as well as current standards applied within the company
Qualifications and Skills
• Demonstrated experience working through the software development lifecycle – from concept to completion – for web and mobile projects
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a must. Experience working in Waterfall is a plus.
• Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3 a must
• Experience with full-site redesigns a plus
• Experience with CMS, project management software and MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities in a calm and efficient manner
• Self-starter attitude and ability to build a strong rapport and trust with resources in several functional areas
• Demonstrated ability to work with teams in multiple geographic locations
• 4-6 years of Project Manager experience focused on web and mobile development projects
• Strong knowledge of web and mobile development technologies
• Strong written & oral communication and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Who We Are: