Reporting to the Operations Director, the Aquent Project Manager serves as the key point of contact for the Aquent Account Manager(s) inside the Studio. The Project Manager has overall responsibility for all aspects of a project, including timelines and deadlines on all deliverables, to ensure smooth, efficient project work flow through the Studio.
Projects are print and digital, and include a varied level of complexity in various therapeutic spaces. The Project Manager handles Studio intake of all projects from the Account Manager(s), assessing all project requirements, scheduling designer workloads, funneling work to the studio teams, quality control, and Studio communications throughout the life of projects.
In addition to intake, responsibilities include: developing project timelines and project plans as required, maintaining effective relationships with Studio support teams, and ensuring that the design and production team members have the knowledge, support, and guidance to complete projects to the client’s specifications.
- Exhibit a high level of diligence and accuracy when setting up and tracking projects in Aquent’s project tracking system
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Account Managers on all assigned projects
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, taking ownership of all interim and final deliverables, managing AM expectations, and meeting all commitments
- Communicate project scope, objectives, requirements, and budget parameters to internal Studio teams.
- Partner with AM on budget tracking and management for every assigned project.
- Demonstrate a high-level understanding of all phases of the design/production process from project inception through final release of files
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator to ensure that project deadlines are met and client feedback and changes are accurately communicated and project related issues are resolved
- Proactively inform production teams about project changes, issues or concerns,
- Manage all necessary Aquent tasks within client’s electronic review tool
- Ensure that all projects adhere to branding requirements as communicated by the Account Manager(s)
- Help identify and define workflow best practices
Account Growth/Business Development:
- Exhibit enthusiasm for developing new business for Aquent by building client confidence based on performance excellence
- Understand and identify potential opportunities with existing clients for additional work, and communicate these to the Account Manager(s)
- 3+ years in the Pharmaceutical industry with familiarity with industry terms and a high level understanding of industry compliance requirements
- 5+ years of project management in a design studio, internal creative department, or agency environment with demonstrated success managing broad range of visual communications in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately estimate resource requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with demonstrated abilities in problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with project teams
- Experience working under continual deadline constraints with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple quick-turn projects and changing priorities
- Proficiency with basic office computer applications – especially Microsoft Office
- General understanding of print and digital production and image/data rights
- Basic understanding of Acrobat, InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator