High level responsibilities
• Contribute to citizenship team on opportunities to build a positive image and reputation in Canada, specifically in the area of Community Affairs.
• Trusted advisor to Citizenship Lead as it relates to Canada’s role as a good corporate citizen.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships and alliances with corporate partners, community organizations and government to build and execute strategic programs that address societal issues and make an impact.
• Work with internal business groups, both proactively and reactively, to understand key business objectives.
• Align opportunities to support the community with our core organizational competencies and business goals.
• Work closely with our community partners across the country to develop and implement programs that meet their needs.
• Build relationships with our regional teams to develop and implement local community initiatives that meet the needs of their communities.
• Develop relationships with our corporate office and other regions in order to effectively integrate grant programs.
• Working with Citizenship Lead, contribute to internal and external corporate communication as it relates to the community affairs portfolio
• Evaluate and track donation and sponsorship opportunities by community program guidelines.
• Continue to move the success of our strategy focusing on computer technology skills development, online safety and children’s health.
• Working with Citizenship Lead, direct Canada’s employee volunteer and software donation program, providing opportunities for employees to participate and make a difference in the community.
• Manage budget allocation and program measurement.
• Other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• The ideal candidate will have experience supporting and developing community affairs programs
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience in government or public relations, law, marketing, journalism, or communications would be highly beneficial.
• A track record of building and managing alliances, working effectively with diverse stakeholders, and knowledge of information technology is a plus.
• This position requires excellent oral and written communications skills, strong attention to detail and solid interpersonal skills. The ability to work under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously is also essential.
Educational and Industry Background
• Bachelor’s Degree (Field of study preferred: government or public relations, law, marketing, political science, journalism, communications).
• Community Affairs (2 years of experience)
Aquent, is a firm that offers content design and development, marketing, and creative services solutions. For more than 20 years, we have helped provide outsourcing and staffing solutions to clients such as Microsoft, HP, and Starbucks. We're a minority-owned business, committed to maintaining professional quality with a personal touch.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
High level responsibilities