Aquent's Fortune500 client in Richfield, MN is looking for a Project Manager for a 6month assignment (40/hrs 5 days, on site) with potential to extend beyond.
Overview: Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/sponsor’s needs and deliver on desired outcomes. Education/ Experience. Bachelor degree. PMP certification preferred. 5 to 7 years experience managing projects Skills and Competencies.
Advanced verbal and written communication skills. Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals. Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics. Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis. Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project and/or Visio. Highly organized with good time management skills. Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills. Analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills and attention to detail Major Job Duties and Responsibilities: Develop integrated baseline project plans applying estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them. Recommend best solutions based on understanding of business issues. Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions. Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis. Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk. Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them. Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required. Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction survey and closure analysis. Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools and findings for future projects
• Communicates weekly updates in WIPs (Work In Progress meetings) with the Account Managers, Design Leads, Production Artists, and MPMs (Merchandising Project Managers when needed).
• Assigns tasks and checks on the status of in-store parts and pieces.
• Expertly communicates and aligns key partners/resources to deliver critical, time-sensitive work.
• Identifies conflicts, risks, delays or any other unusual situations and works to resolve these matters and/or obtain deadline extensions when necessary in an effort to limit disruption and keep the projects on track.
• Enhances the project management/account process through process improvement efforts and recommendations. Collaborates with Creative Services and Cross-Functional teams on overall process improvement suggestions.
• Works with the Creative Directors/Proofreading/Legal teams to ensure that final creative files (post deployment) are prepared properly and timely with the Production team.
• Drive prioritization of work.
• Shares training/best practices for key partners.
• 5-7 years of PM experience
• 4 - 6 years in project and traffic management, within an agency or corporate environment
• Experience building complex and integrated timelines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products on both Mac & PC environments
• Efficient in MS Excel / MS Project / Share Point / Smart Sheet / Work Front
• Natural curiosity of how things work; self-activated ability to learn and apply research
• Very self-motivated and driven
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving and project management.
• Detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task and reprioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be collaborative and work well in a team setting.
• Proactive and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Adapts well to constant change.