Advisor to the Product Director for an accelerator program on innovation in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of kidney diseases.
We seek a contractor to serve as an advisor to the Product Director, in support of its initial launch phase. The contractor is expected to take on a number of roles to ensure a successful launch, create a collaborative inter-agency community, and continue to push innovation in the design of this product.
The candidate should have some experience in public health and/or medical device development. Candidates should also have 5-7 years of professional experience in project management, research, or management consulting (years of graduate education can substitute for years of experience).
As Senior Advisor to the Director, you will:
• Manage tasks, deliverables, and reporting for product activities performed across agencies;
• Develop and execute future strategies and special projects to help this product become a successful vehicle for innovation across the world;
• Develop meaningful working relationships with various collaborators;
• Write/prepare internal and external correspondence, reports, presentations, talking points, and other materials for use by staff, management, and senior agency leadership in briefing key stakeholders and other leadership, including the agency Secretary;
Highly Desirable Skills
• Ability to efficiently track and meet multiple competing deadlines, prioritize assignments, and multi-task, as needed
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• A good sense of humor
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to navigate and create structure in an unstructured, uncertain, and high-paced environment
• Strong sense of curiosity and a desire to solve problems