One of our valued clients in the Energy industry is seeking a Business Project Manager for an onsite, long term temporary role (6 months).
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects, projects that are small to moderate in scope, risk, and/or organizational span, including subprojects of larger, more complex projects. Differentiating factors: project duration, number of deliverables, organizational stability and compliance risk. Requires limited direction from manager regarding tasks to be performed. Coordinates all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigned responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for project status. Adheres to standard project management methodologies and reporting techniques. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May coordinate the work of others to the extent their efforts might affect completion of assigned tasks. Proficiency in Microsoft suite of office products to include MS Project.
Project manager will have full responsibility for the day- to-day management of one or more small to medium sized projects in company territory. Project manager spends full time performing the project management role, directing and coordinating the project work activities for the matrix teams he/she is leading.
Responsibilities include reviewing and managing project budgets, schedules, resources, and ensuring timely project delivery to meet stakeholders’ expectations.
- Ability to travel in Northern Michigan, (Grand Rapids, Ludington, Alpena, Tawas, Gaylord, Big Rapids), (Can be stationed at any of those locations)
- Four years construction experience Managing one or more small to medium size projects
- Construction Management/engineering degree preferred
- Reviews and manages budgets, schedules, resources, and quality baselines to ensure timely delivery that meets stakeholders’ expectations.
- Directs and coordinates project team activities at various phases of the project life cycle to meet project objectives.
- Participates in managing relationships with project stakeholders to ensure attainment of business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates overall communication and status reporting to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Sustains a working knowledge of applicable emerging technologies, industry standards, and project management techniques.
- Formulates and delivers formal and informal presentations.