Our client, a top fortune 500 company, is looking for a Production Lead to join their team in Wilmington, Delaware for a 3 month freelance project with opportunity to extend. The Corporate Marketing team builds content around employer of choice, sustainability, personal finance, small business, leadership and travel, for digital platforms that reach more than 50 million people every month. We’re passionate storytellers—a mix of trained journalists, graphic designers, data analysts, social media experts, and marketers. We strive to create business value through storytelling that resonates with a broad set of consumers. We create content for all three of our client’s sub brands. This includes Customer Responsibility, consumer and business cards, Mortgage, Auto, our Consumer Bank, and Business—and work with some of the world’s most innovative, influential media companies. We deliver content across multiple digital channels, including web, mobile, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
We are growing, and we’re looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic person to lead the production processes over multiple websites and channels.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager who can manage strategic projects and serve as our Production Assistant for our client’s newsroom. You should be organized, disciplined, entrepreneurial and curious, able to manage a high-concept project idea into a story or series of inspirational stories—or utilitarian, educational stories—across formats. We value experience because we’re competing with the best traditional publishers and brands to get our customers’ attention and help them make the most of their money.
You’ll report to the Head of the Newsroom, and work closely with key stakeholders such as:
- Content strategists who manages the team’s relationship with the business unit
- Managing Editors who works with creators and manages the development of content.
- Creative team who produce and provide creative assets such as graphics, videos, and website updates
- Executives across the broader organization (social media team members, and representatives from the Legal and Compliance departments).
Primary duties will include:
- Manage the workflow of all content and timelines of all content in process with focus on managing work through our editorial systems and via a transparent timeline.
- Lead regular production calls to help prioritize work across multiple initiatives, and identifying opportunities to reuse content across multiple programs.
- Hold team members accountable for all parts of the production process, across a team of editors and content strategists. Advocate a key set of controls that builds predictability in the process.
- Work across both original content development and work that is created through media partnerships.
- Identify and recommend content for key programs and approve all content work, receiving regular feedback from internal customers.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders across all divisions including legal and compliance to ensure proper rights and accuracy of our work.
- Ensure all tags and assets are considered to ensure high-quality content and prepare and coordinate the publishing with internal teams, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Work under tight deadlines and be self-directed in prioritizing a diverse workload in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Implement best practices to develop efficiencies in the production workflow process.
- Bachelor's degree—ideally in journalism, communications, marketing, business, or a relevant field—or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in an editorial management role at a traditional media company, branded content studio, or a brand
- Proven ability to prioritize and gracefully handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to develop editorial calendars, with a short- and long-term view
- Ability to handle the legal and operational constraints of creating content for a financial services company
- Proven ability to anticipate and mitigate risk