Our client is seeking a Project Manager to scope, plan, execute, and deliver marketing programs according to budget, timeline and talent availability. This can include allocating resources from internal teams, partnering for delivery within their company's global network, and/or managing third party vendors to successful project completion.
The ideal candidate hails from a project management, production management or operations background and combines impeccable relationship skills with a discerning creative eye and a pragmatic business approach. S/he manage large-scale creative projects, keeping them on-time and on-budget, while navigating the competing needs of diverse stakeholders throughout.
- Build win-win relationships with internal stakeholders, making the internal design studio their partner of choice for developing and executing creative programs.
- Serve as the daily point of contact with marketing on creative programs, correctly managing expectations and resources throughout the project lifecycle. This includes proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential issues, and devising contingency plans.
- Coordinate priorities, schedules, plans, and necessary resources to ensure completion of projects on schedule and according to specification.
- Assist with the sourcing and management of external resources (agencies, vendors, freelancers, photographers, copywriters, etc.) to ensure deadline commitments.
- Contribute to the overall operational soundness of the internal studio through superior reporting, project tracking and analysis.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- 5+ years of project management experience within a top creative agency or production company setting.
- Thorough understanding of all the moving pieces – roles and requirements – needed to bring global creative programs to fruition.
- Strong level of business knowledge in marketing disciplines (such as demand generation, email marketing, marketing communications, social outlets, advertising, print media).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality global creative within strict timelines and budgets.
- Strong process orientation. Able to define clear ways of working that others can easily follow.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, complete high-priority, quick-turn requests and run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience supporting global or geographically diverse teams.
- Mastery of basic computer skills including Mac, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as experience using creative project tracking and collaboration systems (i.e. Basecamp, InVision, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant work experience.
- Willingness to manage international projects that are distributed across time zones.
Critical Success Factors:
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills, written, oral and visual.
- Strong detail orientation with an emphasis on precision and focus on facts; never tardy or sloppy.
- Calm, cool and collected; unflappable.
- Strong solution orientation; doesn’t dwell on problems but actively seeks out win-wins, even when the going gets tough.
- Comfort saying ‘no’; able to constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with people who outrank you.
- Comfort with ambiguity; able to build structure around oneself and one’s team where structure is currently lacking.
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter not harder.
- Optimistic. Maintains a positive energy that inspires those around you.