Interviews: This week, in person (Mid Wilshire)
MUST be able to start ASAP
Agency client, prefers agency and/or entertainment background
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of creative marketing, advertising and PR initiatives in service of our clients. This position will support one of the largest clients, a leading entertainment technology company that provides high-quality programming to millions of members worldwide.
As a Senior Project Manager, your primary role is to lead an integrated team through the full lifecycle of a variety of projects, identifying the approach to delivery, defining the scope and bringing the teamís vision to life. At the center of complex initiatives, you will lead the integration of multiple work streams including PR account teams, planners, designers, copywriters, producers, strategists and others. Sitting at the core of the team, you will serve as the unifying thread on the account ñ developing and managing schedules, tracking and proofing deliverables, overseeing financials and driving communications across the team. Additionally, this role will include client interaction.
Creative project deliverables will range from large-scale activations to small-scale asset development and can include (but are not limited to):
- Content Production ñ editorial, social, branded content, print collateral, video
- Digital ñ web dev, advertising, app development, social, blogs
- Experiential digital/interactive, OOH, events & activations, event signage
- Own planning and defining of scopes/budget in partnership with account/creative/production; lead the development of Statements of Work in collaboration with finance and account leads.
- Work closely with Creative Operations & Resource Manager to fulfill staff plans, manage utilization of resources and workload and align planning/creative/producer needs and project staffing requirements. Provide the Creative Operations & Resource Manager team with pipeline projections for upcoming project needs.
- Oversee, manage, and communicate the status of multiple, concurrent project initiatives to core team, freelancers and clients.
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership at all times.
- Safeguard quality and consistency across all brand/account projects and deliverables; ensure deliverables are on brief and align with brand guidelines.
- Own and maintain project schedules (internal and external), creative briefs, meetings agendas, scopes (OOP & fee) and other relevant project documentation.
- Partner with Finance team to ensure projects are profitable, fees are appropriate, and SOWs are approved.
- Work with Production Business Affairs and Producers to ensure all talent and business requirements are completed on production engagements.
- Manage vendors and ensure invoices are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Independently forecast and manage risks and provide solutions-oriented consultation to discipline leads
- Track multiple budgets (ranging in amount), proactively flagging scope creep and collaborating with leads to identify and implement win-win solutions; manage SOW change order procedures as warranted.
- Drive workflow among integrated teams, communicating project status, next steps and ownership on a regular basis.
- Partner with the Account and Discipline Leads to resolve project-related issues, knowing when to independently manage and when to escalate to your supervisor.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree.
- This role requires 5-7 years of project management experience in an agency environment.
- Must be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- In-depth knowledge of strategy, design, production and project management methodologies.
- Previous experience with web-based projects and within an interactive agency is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project (or other similar project management tool) is required.