A very cool client in SODO is looking for a Project Manager who had an understanding of agile and waterfall enviroments. You'll be managing projects to create daily used programs and web apps to make lives easier!
Who you are
- A detail-oriented self-starter, an exceptional listener, and a skilled communicator (both verbal and written)
- A highly organized, mature problem-solver with sharp business acumen and some familiarity with ecommerce concepts such as B2B and B2C
- A positive team player with proven ability to motivate and lead their team
- A skilled decision-maker
- A polished presenter
- Open to travelling, if required (MAX 25%)
- Adaptable to technology and platform changes
- Experienced in customer management
What you’ll do
- Document the project deliverables and scope in the Statement of Work.
- Develop, manage, and document (in the agreed format) all production schedules, milestones, projections, estimates, and budgets for customer-assigned projects.
- Deliver project outputs in accordance with project plans, costs, and customer expectations.
- Manage project scope, identifying, defining, and communicating risks and change requests before taking appropriate action to minimize impact on project success.
- Focus on prevention of slippage and overrun. Early identification of risk with suitable and proactive mitigation plans that are actively managed.
- Manage the test and acceptance process to attain customer signoff.
- Create and manage RFP responses and estimates for prospective customers and projects.
- Serve as customer’s primary point of contact to manage customer expectations and communications (including timetabled and ad hoc meetings), ensure that the customer is informed on the project status, and obtain customer approval and signoff on all major deliverables.
- Manage the project team, including assigning individual project tasks, holding regular meetings to monitor progress, and ensuring all timesheets are completed on time.
- Coordinate input from all project members, including third-party suppliers and customer staff, to ensure successful delivery.
- Ensure that all work is produced in accordance with appropriate processes and that opportunities for improvement are identified and agreed upon.
- Ensure the relevant repositories are updated and maintained.
- Conduct regular meetings with practice director to report project progress.
- Lead end-of-project reviews and produce lessons-learned document at the end of the project.
- Upon discovery, advise the account manager of potential new business opportunities with the customer.
What we look for
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall software development environments
- Experience working within teams building ecommerce systems or other high-availability web-based applications
- Experience with issue and bug management systems such as the Atlassian suite (e.g., JIRA, Confluence) and/or Microsoft Visual Studio (TFS)
- More than 4 years of project management experience managing projects through the entire lifecycle, from inception to go live
- Project management experience in software development or systems integration working on medium-sized and/or complex projects
- Experience writing Statements of Work or Project Charters
- Experience with RFP responses
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project