The Project manager is responsible for leading project implementation and installation logistics by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other duties as assigned…
- Provides support on and leads each step in the implementation and installation process, depending on the client project.
- Ensures smooth and successful communication, logistics, and progress throughout projects.
- Acts as liaison with the Installation Team and the clients to resolve any field issues that arise and ensure the end product is achieved.
- Contributes to the proposal creation process by owning COM Coordination, requesting and providing vendor quotes, specification verification, and advising on product tagging and order set-up.
- Requests installation quotes and owns reviewing the returned quote to ensure it is accurate, prior to sending to client.
- Obtains information regarding site conditions, site accessibility, and building restrictions and requirements, reviews with the Installation team.
- Contributes to the process of reviewing Design’s plans and specifications to ensure accuracy.
- Creates and submits purchase orders to vendor, reviews order acknowledgments from vendor for accuracy.
- Works with vendor to obtain ship and delivery dates to communicate to the client.
- Tracks orders from time of order entry, to receipt of product at Warehouse.
- Creates and maintains internal and client-facing status reports through Excel.
- Acts as the primary point of contact on implementation and owns the installation process.
- Conducts initial field verification and measuring.
- Coordinates freight logistics.
- Sets up and conducts pre-installation meetings with the Installation Team, attends construction meetings.
- Develops project timeline and schedule with Installation Team, General Contractor and client.
- Resolves field problems as they arise, in a timely manner.
- Owns the submission process for all applicable and required documentation for the successful implementation and completion of an install. Ie. Certificate of Insurance, Background checks
- Owns the responsibility of maintaining the overall margin of a job by working to prevent any unnecessary margin erosion due to, installation inefficiencies, site conditions, failing to coordinate vendor reimbursement when applicable.
- Organizes and plans final client walk through.
- Obtains final sign off from client and the completion of a job.
- Creates and maintains internal and client-facing punch lists, when applicable.
- Owns the completion of any punch list items.
- Manages resources needed to complete punch items.
- Owns the process of ensuring the client is sent an accurate invoice at the time of substantial completion of a job.
- Contributes to the process of completing Day 2 Business by supporting with owning and/or enlisting the proper support based on size/scope of work.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with clients and coworkers, and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and/or two to three years’ related industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software, CAP, 20/20 Technology, Team Design applications.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No certifications, licensing, or registrations are required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and have the ability to identify and distinguish colors, clear close vision at 20 inches or less, clear distance vision at 20 feet or more, peripheral vision and the ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point, depth perception or three-dimensional vision, the ability to judge distance and spatial relationships, and ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.