Vitamin T is working with a technology consulting company that focuses on enterprise website solutions in their search for a Project Manager / Business Analyst. In this position, you will be partnering with developers, UX Designers and clients to build custom solutions for complex business problems with Fortune 500 organizations.
This is a full time, temp to hire opportunity onsite in NYC.
Major Responsibilities of the Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) projects work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Analyses and documents project scope and business requirements related to new and ongoing software development projects.
- Creates detailed Business Requirements Documents for development of new application systems as well as feature and functionality enhancements.
- Collaborates with in-house development teams to ensure the delivery of functionality according to specifications.
- Creates user training documentation, process flow charts, operations and procedure manuals.
- Assists with user training and product acceptance testing.
- Creates and maintains project plans for software development projects.
- Provides project status reports and acts as a primary point of contact for stakeholder communications.
- Supports workflow tracking systems and implements process improvement action plans.
- Facilitates meetings with Business Users and Technical Teams to resolve QA/design issues.
- Would be point of contact for project related vendors and would work out SOW’s
- Perform to stated deadlines and to produce expected results with little supervision manage the projects with strict adherence to scope, timelines, resources and budgets
- Must have excellent organizational and managerial abilities to handle resources assigned to the project
- Assign the duties and responsibilities of each team member and their expected deliverables at each landmark point
- Provide contingency measures to minimize risks to the project success
- Prepare and report on project progress on a regular basis
- Project manager would do data collection, negotiation, status reporting, and facilitate key decisions from a wide range of clients, subject matter experts, functional managers, directors, VPs, and SVPs,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years experience in Project Manager /Business Analysis for Software Development Projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT project management experience using MS Project
- Proficient in Visio, MS Excel and the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- PMP Certification Preferred