1-month project based support to Design Systems team to create UI library and components in Figma.
Our Design Systems team is seeking a seasoned Production Designer who thinks holistically about systems and workflows, is equally amazing in interaction design and visual design, and highly skilled in evolving design patterns for web and mobile apps and scaling design systems to achieve consistent, high-quality experiences. In this role, you will make it easier and more efficient to for our product design team to build layouts with rules and structure, enabling faster design processes.
We anticipate this position to be a 1 month contract, full-time and based in San Francisco. You will be a part of a small and collaborative product design team and have the opportunity to learn from close collaboration with a supportive and driven creative team.
- Collaborate with other product designers, product managers, and engineers
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints
- Create design system that is cohesive, dynamic, reusable, and maintainable
- Create UI library and components that can be shared throughout our product ecosystem
- Create clear and rule-driven specifications and style guides for a variety of use cases
- Solve UI challenges in response to product requirements
- Assure design quality by upholding brand guidelines and product design principles
- Create and/or resize/reformat components for different mediums
- 3+ years relevant experience in graphic design, production design, systems design
- Deep expertise in layout, color, typography, spaces, template building, file formats, compression techniques, dynamic text, and variable imagery
- Strong interest in creating standards and a design system
- Fluency documenting interaction details, and visual design specifications
- Extensive knowledge of the ins-and-outs of both Sketch and Figma
- Experience prepping design assets for engineering implementation
- Attention to detail and a passion for design inconsistency
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously - You can take design direction as well as conceptualize, design, and organize projects on your own.
- Ability to follow brand and product design guidelines, naming convention and folder structure requirements
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team, and be able to present and explain design ideas and decisions effectively.
- Prototyping skills are a plus.
- Localization experience is a plus
- An online portfolio showcasing your ability to concept and implement a design system across mobile and web surfaces and work that is pixel-perfect
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.