Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Project Manager to work an initial 6 month contract with potential to extend onsite in Richfield, MN. This role is on the Strategic Growth team.
This project is a Strategic Growth Office (SGO) initiative focused on building capabilities and channels that are required by one or more of the growth strategies within the company.
Projects are critical to the success of the organization. This is a high visilbility role working on innovative projects with several components that will impact a growth iniatives across the organization.
Standard project management responsibilities and deliverables:
• Initiation activities such as activities related to kicking-off the project
• Plan activities such as scheduling meetings, putting together work breakdown structure, facilitating the discussion around scope
• Execute activities such as managing the project plan, status reports, managing issues and risks, and change management
• Close activities such as transition plan to steady state, closing out any remaining issues, and lessons learned.
A normal day in this role would consiste of:
• Scheduling and facilitating project meetings
• Putting together plans for execution of the channel and capability growth
• Communicating status, issue, and risks to stakeholders
• Managing the project plan and holding project team members accountable
• Must have 5-7 years of strong project management and excellent organizational skills
• Candidates with former corporate retail experience are ultimately what the team wants
• Looking for someone that isn’t afraid “roll up their sleeves” and help get the work done
• Ability to work in an area of ambiguity (because of the pace the initiative will move and because directions may change as we learn)
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Results oriented
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels
• Excellent organizational skills
• Builder mentality instead of a maintainer mentality