AQUENT is seeking an experienced Project Manager for one of our COOLEST clients in McLean, VA. This position will be a Project Manager for their Data Governance team.
At this client, they think big and do big things. They were the first company in their industry to develop and offer mass-customization and personalization of their products and they have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today, they are a high-tech company, an innovation laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand that reaches tens of millions of consumers. They are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers great consumer experiences. It’s audacious work at a massive scale. As a team, they come to work every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic and bold. Their team is growing and they’re looking for designers who lead by doing and have a passion for solving complex problems.
This Project Manager duties include:
• Management of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
• Typically, the PM will lead a matrixed team and once the project is complete, the PM will move to another project that will have a different team mixture.
• Proven and substantial experience leading complex IT development or IT technology projects (typically 6+ years)
• A thorough knowledge of the IT development life cycle
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, and Project
Strong soft skills that include:
• Strong written and oral communications
• Ability to lead a team to desired outcome
• Experienced interacting with both senior leaders as well as peers
• Ability to identify and negotiate solutions to address project challenges
• Comfortable challenging ideas and working with disparate groups to bring about consensus
• Able to handle ambiguity in the project without losing focus
• Able to perform with minimal direction
• Exposure to Agile methodology
• Familiarity with Clarity or similar project portfolio management tool
• Significant understanding of technical environment
• Proven ability to lead large/complex matrixed team from many different internal groups and different locations and drive results through task coordination, handoffs and overall delivery of solution
• This service is being provided to all IT projects so looking for a mix of Infrastructure (Data Center, Network, End user Services, etc(, Commercial Bank, Retail Bank (ATM, Sales and Service, Teller, etc), Data Services (Data Warehouse), Financial Services (Home Loans, Auto Loans, Consumer Lending), Card, general IT Project Management experience
5+ years of experience in Project or Program management
Data Modeling, Data Science or Data Engineering experience required (PM not hands on)
Proficient with dealing with different stakeholders and/or different audiences with a preference around data governance
Why work for AQUENT?
- Paid Benefits- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Flexible Spending and much more!
- Talent Referral Rewards program – we pay you for referring great talent! Aquent.com/rewards
- Free Online Training via AQUENT Gymnasium thegymnasium.com along with free subscriptions for employees to Lynda.com!