To excel at this job, you must be able to:
• Edit documents intended for a developer audience.
• Edit articles for publishing on the web.
• Edit for technical accuracy, terminology consistency, and audience appropriateness.
• Perform all levels of editing, from developmental to substantive to copy editing.
• Be assertive enough to enforce the CRM team's high editorial standards and outgoing enough to build strong working relationships with other groups.
• Ensure content adheres to product branding and legal requirements.
• Contribute to the style guide.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
• Work fast and independently, change direction often, and assimilate a lot of information provided in email and team meetings.
• Work closely with Editors, Leads, and Writers on issues affecting the quality of the developer documentation.
• Analyze and organize complex documentation and communicate recommendations to the writing team.
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little supervision.
• Meet deadlines
They must also have:
• 2-3 years of work-related experience is required.
• Previous experience working as an editor.
• Experience with editing developer documentation and reviewing and copy-editing code comments.
• Experience with DxStudio.
• A proven ability to learn new tools quickly and to an acceptable depth.
• Ability to edit a high volume of content.
• Outstanding editing skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of the editing requirements for a wide variety of documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technical Communications.
Aquent, is a firm that offers content design and development, marketing, and creative services solutions. For more than 20 years, we have helped provide outsourcing and staffing solutions to clients such as Microsoft, HP, and Starbucks. We're a minority-owned business, committed to maintaining professional quality with a personal touch.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs