In this role, you will be responsible for working on a variety of content tasks and deliverables. These items could include various content deliverables (i.e. getting started, quick starts, how to, tutorials, samples, concepts, and reference documentation) with products and services in the following SQL and cloud areas: Compute, Databases, Containers, Networking, Storage, Data + Analytics, Developer Tools, IoT, Security & Identity, Monitoring & Management, and Web + Mobile.
Tasks Could Include:
- Update and improve existing content, develop new content, and ensure the content adheres to content standards, principles and style.
- Working on a content freshness pass, which will include testing functionality and samples in multiple languages (i.e. C#/.NET, Python, Node.js, Java, and other languages). This involves stepping through each article, testing and validating steps, updating the steps, and updating screenshots, as well as ensuring key customer tasks are documented.
- Testing getting started scenarios or tutorials.
- Updating content for SEO (i.e. update title, header, metadata description, and keywords).
- Cleaning up and resolving documentation issues (i.e. retiring and redirecting topics) for functionality and consistency.
- 3+ years of experience in programmer writing and/or technical writing.
- Azure, SQL Server and Big Data, relational and non-relational database skills a plus.
- Comfortable creating/using scripts to find and fix things.
- Experience with Markdown and GitHub preferred.
- Proactive communicator and flexibility to work on a variety of projects.
**This position will be predominantly remote**