**This person can work remote once ramped**
We are looking for a Programmer Writer/Editor to work on a variety of content tasks and deliverables. These tasks will vary depending on your background and expertise. These items could include various content deliverables (i.e. getting started, quick starts, how to, tutorials, samples, concepts, and reference documentation) with various products and services.
Sample tasks could include:
- Going through and testing getting started scenarios or tutorials.
- Helping improve existing content, help develop new content, and make sure the content adheres to our principles and style.
- Working on a content freshness, including testing functionality, scripts, samples in multiple languages (i.e. PowerShell, .NET, Python).
- Cleaning up issues in GitHub of post migrated content.
- Retiring and redirecting topics.
- Testing scripts and/or creating scripts to extract data from MD (Markdown) files
- Adding a tag to an article’s metadata
- 3+ years of experience in programmer writing
- Technical editing experience
- SQL Server and Big Data, relational and non-relational database skills a plus
- Comfortable scripting, or using scripts to find and fix things
- Experience with Markdown and GitHub
- Proactive communicator and flexibility to work on a variety of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.