We’re looking for a technical writer with programming experience (C#) and a passion for learning new technologies. Someone who researches, develops, and writes documentation components for a software developer audience. This person must demonstrate an understanding of programming documentation principles and development, and describe complex state-of-the-art software, and describe how to develop software applications using SDKs, APIs, or developer tools.
- 50% content research (talking to engineers, meetings, reading etc)
- 50% writing technical articles, get content reviewed, release managements (published), and potentially writing test/validation code (not a lot) – need to have a solid understanding of programming (developer audience is key), IT admin tasks
- Write, review, revise, update, verify content.
- Develop instructions and supporting REST API reference content from source code and engineering documents.
- Support internal team process and toolsets, and content release management tasks.
- Be a proactive communicator and collaborator, that works well with others.
- 3-5+ years of Technical Writer experience, working on developer-oriented content.
- The ability to read and write C# code and experience documenting REST APIs.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Experience working with GitHub and Open Source content authoring.
- Experience creating and maintaining Azure websites is a great plus.