We’re looking for a talented programmer writer with .NET (C#) programming experience and a passion for learning new technologies. In this role, you will support content deliverables for APIs and you may work on Cognitive API docs.
If you are interested in improving and challenging content, and working with new technology, this is a great role for you! This includes:
- Research, develop, write documentation components for a software developer audience.
- Completed documentation components must demonstrate an understanding of programming documentation principles and development, describe complex state-of-the-art software architectures, and describe how to develop software applications using the Software Developer Kits, APIs, or developer tools being documented.
- Derives documentation from project source code as part of this process.
- Work on the APIs and Cognitive API’s (Vision, Speech, Language, Search, Knowledge). An example would be Speech APIs.
- Work with more complex technologies and a wider array of technologies.
- Develop code samples and sample applications for developer documentation.
- Ensure content for APIs is published on or before the service or API release date.
- Work and collaborate with Shared Platform SMEs to understand their needs, scope and timelines for new and updated content requests.
Here’s an overview of the work:
- 70% Programmer writer work
- 30% Publishing, partner engagement, and site maintenance
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Ability to read and write code in .NET languages
- 3+ years’ experience creating content for developers
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a dynamic, changing environment
- Open to new ideas and approaches
- Outgoing personality - Proactive communicator, consultative, and ability to drive partner communications and engagement
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technical Communications, or equivalent degree