Researches, develops and writes documentation components for a software developer audience. Completed documentation components must demonstrate an understanding of programming documentation principles and development, describe complex state-of-the-art software architectures, and describe how to develop software applications using the Software Developer Kits/Device Driver Kits, APIs, or developer tools being documented. Derives documentation from project source code as part of this process. Works with more complex technologies and a wider array of technologies. May develop code samples and sample applications for developer documentation. Oversees a complex documentation project.
- Review, revise, update, & verify Open Specification content
- Thorough editorial review of new Open Specification content to ensure completeness, readability, clarity, and consistency. The review will be prescribed in a detailed set of test cases and procedures.
- Understand internal team process and toolsets, along with training and certain release management tasks.
- GenDox: Knowledge of GenDox
- Team SharePoint: Management of team SharePoint site/wiki.
- Training: Development of training materials for new team members, participation of training, and updating of training.
- Informative Content: Creation and release of supporting high value interoperability content.
- Examples and demonstrations on interoperability or extensibility topics that could be used within certain documents, leveraged in customer presentations, or combined into informative articles or downloads on the web.
- Tool documentation to help augment code
- Detail Oriented and proactive
- Developer oriented training or curriculum development
- Familiarity with GitHub and Open Source content authoring
- Targeted Expertise:
- English and proven content authoring skills
- Demonstrated publishing and multi-author editorial reviews
- Software development experience
- Office development experience
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to navigate in an ambiguous, highly technical environment
- Ability to take source code and develop instructions and supporting content to facilitate the code.
- 5+ years of Programmer Writer experience.
- The ability to read and write one or more object oriented programming languages.
- Must be able to develop code samples and applications.
- Specific knowledge of, and interest in, several major technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (work related experience may substitute for degree).
- Fluency in another language preferred, but not required.